An easy to use and very efficient alternative to the standard windows Explorer. It combines the user-friendliness of Windows Explorer with the increased efficiency and advanced features of good-old dual-pane file managers like Norton Commander. It is a package that will appeal to the power user, yet its similarity with Explorer will ensure that less experienced users will not be driven away either. It offers many additional features, including:
- Dual pane layout, with intelligent communication between two independent panes
- Powerful selection engine, for easily building up selection patterns for items before file operations
- File filters, both for selecting and for displaying files
- Drivebar navigation, for accessing quickly all the drives installed on a computer
- Keyboard shortcuts for nearly all its commands, for efficient everyday use
- Complete file date information, utilising Creation and LastAccessed information as well as the normal Modification date.
- Proper path resolution, including UNC and relative paths (e.g. "C:" as opposed to "C:")
- Printing of folder contents, find results and other statistics
- Proper file sorting, based on extension (alphabetically)
and a lot more.
Added Wednesday 28 March, 2007.